Installed AdminForever, site is now down

This simple plugin will prevent joomla admin session expiration

Installed AdminForever, site is now down

New postby Ryan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/arizeup/public_html/arizeup.com/plugins/system/admin8/admin8.php on line 48

I have a clean install package of Joomla 1.7 with a great template. I made a couple minor changes such as changing my logo, favicon, removing the default templates, and then I added AdminForever as my first extension.

I installed through the Extension Manager. I received the message advising me to activate the plugin. I located the plugin, changed the drop down box to enabled, pressed save and instantly received the above error message.

Now I receive that message any time I try to access the site in any manner. Any advice would be appreciated.

UPDATE: I am not proficient in php but I located the file by following the path in the error message, then I located the only line of code which contained "getCfg". I commented out that line of code and my site seems to be working.

/* $timeout = intval($mainframe->getCfg('lifetime') * 60 / 3 * 1000); */
Ryan

Re: Installed AdminForever, site is now down

New postby Ryan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 am

Is this extension no longer supported?
Ryan

New postby [email protected] » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:46 pm

I had the same problem. Went in through FTP and deleted the plugin folder, and the site was back up.
[email protected]

New postby Edvard » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi,

I didn't test it yet on Joomla 1.7, however I'm about 99% sure that if you use the version for 1.6 it will work on 1.7 too. I think that you have used the version for 1.5 on your 1.7.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

Return to Admin Forever