ACL Features

Find out what does your audience think

ACL Features

New postby jmack50 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:58 am

Hi,

I just purchased and installed Sexy Polling.

I need the poll for a non-profit organization and I need to limit voting to certain groups for various polls. I don't see any ACL features that allow me to do that. If that is true I made a mistake in purchasing the component.

Also, when you create a poll and click the name, there is an Access option: Public, Registered, Special. However, if you select Registered or Special, it doesn't change anything.

I certainly hope there is a solution for my problem because I very much like your poll.
jmack50

Re: ACL Features

New postby Simon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your purchase.

In new version of Sexy Polling I implemented Voting Permission control. You can select the group(Public, Registered, Administrator, Super Administrator) who can vote on a poll. I'm sending you PRO package by email. Please completely uninstall previous version and install the new one.

Regards,
Simon
Simon
Site Admin

New postby jmack50 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Fantastic!

Great product + great service. Can't beat that combination. I will say the same thing over at JED.

Thanks Simon
jmack50

New postby Simon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you. I'm happy to help.
Simon
Site Admin

New postby jmack50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 pm

After working with this for awhile, sorry to say this is not a good solution. With this setup I cannot prevent certain logged-in users from voting in the polls.

Using core Joomla ACL features I can control everything on the site except SexyPolling. I certainly hope the Joomla ACL will be incorporated in SexyPolling soon.

Example: I created a new user group with limited access and made it the default. With this setup I can prevent access to all designated areas except SexyPolling.
jmack50

New postby Simon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 am

Hi,

I will add full ACL control on next version. It will be ready soon. I will let you know.

Regards,
Simon
Simon
Site Admin

New postby acalvo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi,

Is this feature implemented already in the component?

I need to control who can create/edit polls

Thanks
acalvo

New postby acalvo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Please, how can I set the ACL in this component?

There are some sensitive parameters...

Regards
acalvo

New postby rahul1928 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm

jmack50 wrote:After working with this for awhile, sorry to say this is not a good solution. With this setup I cannot prevent certain logged-in users from voting in the polls.

Using core Joomla ACL features I can control everything on the site except SexyPolling. I certainly hope phenq works the Joomla ACL will be incorporated in SexyPolling soon.

Example: I created a new user group with limited access and made it the default. With this setup I can prevent access to all designated areas except SexyPolling.

This is the only solution i think. One time i did similar type of thing which you have done.
I created a new membership In smf forum and set permissions of that group to only poll
rahul1928

New postby acalvo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks for the info, but I think is not the final solution. I'll try it. I hope it is resolved in a future.
acalvo

Return to Sexy Polling