Show all resolutions at the same time

Clicks heatmap for Joomla!

Show all resolutions at the same time

New postby tccmike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 am

:idea:
Can you please add code to show all clicks regardless of screen size at the same time? All you need to do is normalize the input coordinates with the screen size to adjust to any size the user is set to.
To normalize you simply need to divide x,y by the screen width and height resulting in a float from 0.0 to 1.0 and then multiply those 2 factors to 2nd user's current screen width and height.

This is a major issue due to the number of different screen sizes that exist and how many exist if people don't maximize their screens... I only installed it a couple hours ago and there are already 25 different screen sizes showing in the list, and because they come from windowed browsers many are odd like 811px which I will never be able to get my screen to exactly that ever again, and lets not even get into the number of resolutions when mobile devices get involved... so a normalization algorithm is definitely needed.
tccmike

Re: Show all resolutions at the same time

New postby Simon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 am

Hello

There is no one certain algorithm for any kind of websites. The way of calculating coordinates are absolutely different, depend on site css (your described method works only for left aligned sites, but if site aligned by center, it will not work).
Simon
Site Admin

Return to Heatmap