GSpeech doesn't work on my website

Here you can ask or discuss anything else you want...

GSpeech doesn't work on my website

New postby [email protected] » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Hello,
I am Chinese in China, My question is when I use GSpeech on localhost, it works well, but when I use it in virtual host which is in America, it doesn't work well, http://www.clisten.net .that is I can see the button, but when I click the button, no sound! why? Could you help me solve this problem?
[email protected]

Re: GSpeech doesn't work on my website

New postby [email protected] » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

very easy to install, great plugin, congratulations

but ist's not playing any sound
an error on the status bar says(notice the 2 slashes):

Message: 'undefined' is null or not an object Line: 20 Char: 5 Code: 0
URI: http://www.mysite.com//plugins/system/g ... gspeech.js
Last edited by [email protected] on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[email protected]

New postby [email protected] » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there has been any progress in regards to this issue as I have the same results as the OP.

I am using Joomla 2.5 and having no more success than the others. When activated, it causes other items such as GCalendar to only partially work kicking back java errors.

This is exactly what I have been searching for and would be a great asset for my sites.

Any feedback or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance.
Last edited by [email protected] on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[email protected]

New postby [email protected] » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:01 am

Hi,

First, GSpeech is just great! I've even added a bit of code to make it work with GTranslate as well. Picking up what language currently used and then read out that language.

Issue with IE. gspeech.js line 19 throws an error. It says e.preventDefault is null or something like that. So I added a check fo e not being undefined. So far so good.

But now I'm experiencing varying results in IE, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt... Any known bugs? Does it work for you guys in IE?
[email protected]

New postby [email protected] » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 am

Hi again,

Well it seems it's the flashmediaelement that doesnt work. IE7 and IE8 needs this but the flashmediaelement doesnt work. At least not for me. Debugging with Charles I can see the response coming back as audio but the player just doesnt play anything...

Have a look here: http://kvalita.designskiss.se/
[email protected]

New postby [email protected] » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm

hi guys.

morgan: yeah GSpeech is just great! congratulations I saw that you put a great control to solve a problem very similar to the one that I have: it appears exactly this including the 2 slashes:
Message: 'undefined' is null or not an object Line: 20 Char: 5 Code: 0
URI: http://www.rapingles.com//plugins/syste ... gspeech.js

I saw that you solved it. I saw that GSpeech works great on your site in Google Chrome 16.0.912.77 m and also in Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Could you please tell me how you added that check?

Also let's hope to find the solution for the issue that you discovered that happens sometimes with the flashmedia element for IE7 and IE8.

Also congratulations for the bit of code that you added to make it work with GTranslate as well; it sounds great. It would be great if you could share it.
[email protected]ail.com

New postby [email protected] » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

@morgan: I will second that ;) I tested your site in IE9 repeatedly however never came across any issues what so ever. “Nice job by the way”, I too would be very interested in an updated file set as I think this plugin is outstanding.

Current build of gspeech from the developer yields the same error results in IE9 as well as the current Fire Fox build using Joomla 2.5.0 & 2.5.1
[email protected]

New postby Simon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello.

Please download the last version of gspeech, where we change the way of getting audio(streamer.php file), and fixe double slash warning.

Note, you must have curl library enabled on your hosting.
Simon
Site Admin

Return to Open discussion