Joomla ACL

Find out what does your audience think

Joomla ACL

New postby capsites » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

First I want to say that I am impressed with this extension. It is simple and easy for my site editors to use, which is really important. The template editor made it a breeze to integrate with our sites theme. I purchased the Pro+ version as I hope to see this develop further in the future.

However, I have 1 major complaint about this extension: It does not use Joomla ACL! (It does not appear under Administrator>System>Global Configuration>Components section) The reality of this in the 'Joomla 3rd Party extension world' is that it is an anomaly. Every other component I have installed gives me the ability to control permissions using Joomlas built-in ACL, so I was a bit surprised when I ran into this issue.

I had to set global permissions for "Access Administration Interface" to "Allow" for an entire group so the users could access this component to create/manage polls. The implications of this are greater than it would seem. Now I must "Deny" permission to each item I don't want the group to access, whereas I used to specifically just "Allow" each item (since the default inherited permission was to deny).

PLEASE make an update to use Joomlas built-in ACL system to set permissions to access the Interface.

I know that your component follows the MVC standard as I was able to easily find/change new poll form defaults in the 'correct' place, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add ACL. See specifically, "Restrict the access to the component's backend to authorised usergroups".

Thank You,

Re: Joomla ACL

New postby Edvard » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks for your note. We will work to add that functionality in next releases.

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Site Admin

Return to Sexy Polling