Joomla ACL

Find out what does your audience think

Joomla ACL

New postby capsites » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

First I want to say that I am impressed with this extension. It is simple and easy for my site editors to use, which is really important. The template editor made it a breeze to integrate with our sites theme. I purchased the Pro+ version as I hope to see this develop further in the future.

However, I have 1 major complaint about this extension: It does not use Joomla ACL! (It does not appear under Administrator>System>Global Configuration>Components section) The reality of this in the 'Joomla 3rd Party extension world' is that it is an anomaly. Every other component I have installed gives me the ability to control permissions using Joomlas built-in ACL, so I was a bit surprised when I ran into this issue.

I had to set global permissions for "Access Administration Interface" to "Allow" for an entire group so the users could access this component to create/manage polls. The implications of this are greater than it would seem. Now I must "Deny" permission to each item I don't want the group to access, whereas I used to specifically just "Allow" each item (since the default inherited permission was to deny).

PLEASE make an update to use Joomlas built-in ACL system to set permissions to access the Interface.

I know that your component follows the MVC standard as I was able to easily find/change new poll form defaults in the 'correct' place, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add ACL. https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Developing_an_MVC_Component/Adding_ACL See specifically, "Restrict the access to the component's backend to authorised usergroups".

Thank You,
Nick
capsites

Re: Joomla ACL

New postby Edvard » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks for your note. We will work to add that functionality in next releases.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

Return to Sexy Polling