answer sorting

Find out what does your audience think

answer sorting

New postby erbi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Hello!

I have a small problem. My answer sorting (display) alphabetically, but I lise sort to ID. How can I do this?
erbi

Re: answer sorting

New postby Edvard » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:40 am

Hi,

You need to go to the answers page on the backend, order the answers by dragging them to the correct position and when you are done it will appear in the same order as you see on the backend.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

New postby erbi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 am

Thank you Edvard.

P.S.: I send you email, but you don't response.
erbi

New postby Edvard » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:25 am

Please resend, thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

New postby capsites » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:20 pm

I'd like to add that I experienced what may be a bug in the ordering (at least when answers are created).

A user reported that their answers did not appear in the order they entered them. They had not reordered the answers in any way, since they didn't know how to.

I investigated and found when I filtered the specific poll and set 'sort Table by' to 'ordering' that the ordering was already as the user had wanted it (the same order they entered the answers to begin with). On a hunch I moved some answers around and checked on the front end; the answers changed positions! So I moved them all back to the way the user wanted and now it's displaying as they wanted.

So reordering answers works, but something is wrong with the default ordering logic, or possibly your ordering clause on the display side? Not a huge deal now that we know the workaround, but thought I'd mention it here.

Thanks,
Nick
capsites

Return to Sexy Polling