Trying to understand Sexy Polling

Find out what does your audience think

Trying to understand Sexy Polling

New postby jmack50 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:24 pm

In the absence of written documentation, I setup Sexy Polling on my local server (xampp) so that I can learn through trial and error. I am using PRO+ and when I installed on my live site, you had to visit my site to fix a problem of being limited to only 5 answers:

1. I received the same error when I installed locally. PRO+ says I can install on unlimited domains. Do I need to contact you each time I install PRO+?

2. In several posts there is a reference to Answer moderation. I don’t see that terminology in any poll configuration.

3. I have a poll where users can select up to 3 options including their own answer. I am getting mixed results when I test vote. What are the proper steps? Add the answer first, and then vote for three? or Select two answers, add your answer and then vote??? I need to know in order to write voting instructions.

4. There appears to be a conflict between "Voting Period" and "Max votes per IP." They both refer to a voting time frame in their description. I need to know before publishing the poll.
jmack50

Re: Trying to understand Sexy Polling

New postby Edvard » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi,

Just a hint, when you hover your mouse cursor to any option in the poll settings, it opens a popup with the explanation.

Please find my answers below:

1. No, there is a bug in current version which was fixed for you, we will include the fix in the next release, so you can update all your sites and do not get that issue.

2. The option is below "Who can add answer" and is called "Autopublishment". If you disable it, new answers need to be checked and published by you in the backend by site admin.

3. The order doesn't matter, there is an Add button when you enter your new Answer, you need to click it, so it will be a part of the poll and confirm your selection of the answers.

4. Max votes per IP is the limit of an IP address to be able to vote in one day. If it is set to 0, then there is no limit, if it is set to any specific number the votes will be limited by that number in one day. Voting period also limits the ability to vote, it takes into account browser cookies. Both conditions work in parallel and will be applied which is stricter.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

New postby jmack50 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Ok, I am still having a problem with #3.

If I select 3 options and vote, everything works fine.

If I select 2 options and add one and vote, it's not working.

The other poll I have with one option accepts the vote but shows a message that the result cannot be seen until sometime far in the future.

I would like to send you access information and have you vote in these polls and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Can I do that?
jmack50

New postby Edvard » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi,

You can send the access details to my [email protected].

Thanks!
Regards,

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

New postby jmack50 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Access info sent yesterday. Please inform if not received.

Problem with single option poll solved. It was a configuration setting.

Multi option poll still not working.

Thanks
jmack50

New postby Edvard » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:00 am

Just replied.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard
Site Admin

New postby jmack50 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for your great help.
jmack50

New postby Edvard » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 pm

You are welcome!
Regards,

Edvard
Site Admin

Return to Sexy Polling