Date is never the same after a save

Find out what does your audience think

Date is never the same after a save

New postby ceegee50 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 am

I have bought your Pro version and for some reason ( it did it in the free version) the start and end date keeps changing (eg. I sate it to 8/7/2014) after I save and come back, its moved one day back (eg 8/6/2014) and if I save again, it moves back again (eg. 8/5/2014).
Need to fix this... :mrgreen:
ceegee50

Re: Date is never the same after a save

New postby flappleton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:32 pm

I just purchased the Pro version in the past few hours. I am having the same problem. I set up the start date and the end date in the poll, save the poll, reopen it and the dates have changed to something else. I am to poll for very specific dates, and I cannot tell what is going to happen. Has the original post (August) been answered? Help!
flappleton

New postby Edvard » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi,

If you can send admin access to [email protected] I can check it for you.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

New postby Sampsonss » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:59 am

Has a solution to this problem been found? For the past 6 weeks I have been manually inputting the start/end dates in the database through PHPMyAdmin for the free version. I purchased the $79 Pro edition a few days ago and of course it suffers from the same issue. Every time I "save" the poll from the backend, both start/stop dates change by -1 day. I've recorded a video of this behavior and uploaded it privately to youtube so you can see. https://youtu.be/wYayK12AXz4

This was originally happening on a hosted Joomla 3.4.8 install, and so I created a virtual LAMPStack server on my local machine, installed Joomla and the sexy poll for testing and the same behavior exists. I've exhausted all my resources in determining the issue. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps a solution would be to use "datetime" instead of "date"? Could kill two birds with one stone (the ability to start a poll at a certain time of day, instead of midnight).

Please help!
Sampsonss

New postby Edvard » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi,

I have never experienced such issue on my side. It seems to be a timezone issue between the mysql server and front-end. Now the timezone is defined for the start and end dates.

Please check the latest version 2.1.4.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

Return to Sexy Polling