Slow on front end

Here you can ask or discuss anything else you want...

Slow on front end

New postby [email protected] » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Dear Sirs

I have installed the free version of your product SEXY POLLING and we would like to purchase the product for our site.

The free version is slow on the front end as in when I vote on an option a grey processing field appears, but it doesn't go away quick rather stays on screen permanently.

If we buy the product we do not want this to occur at all, can you please confirm a fix as we have a poll due to open on Monday the 28/04/2014 and wish to have this resolved as soon as possible.

We need up to 80 options for this so I hope that this will be suitable.

Can you please advise asap

Thank you

Damian
[email protected]

Re: Slow on front end

New postby Simon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello,

The free version is slow on the front end as in when I vote on an option a grey processing field appears, but it doesn't go away quick rather stays on screen permanently.

Could you give me live url, where I can see the problem, or describe it in more detailed way.

Regards,
Simon
Simon
Site Admin

New postby [email protected] » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:50 pm

I resolved the issue myself. We purchased the pro version and I found that the query to the database was wrong in the code and I changed it. The query was to select a table like *jos_sexypoll and elsewhere in your code the table was #__sexypoll so I changed the vote.php to reflect this and it worked. I now want to have a vote/view button for each answer. Either this can be achieved in the php code using a foreach and have the tokens and validation work in the same way or better would be to use jQuery to target the input button that when selected and output the .html to a div tag in the answer with the id of whatever. So when the user selects the radio button the query outputs the html for the view and vote button under each answer(place this div inside the name field in the answer) I hope you understand what I mean. Its not a bad solution it will be unique and only become active when the user selects the radio button the only issue is that the multiple answer option will have to be off (which is what we want anyway) We have a poll for 80 participants which will include a full project listing. SO configuring the poll will be easy and works however the vote button will be all the way down the bottom of the page. I would like a vote button on each of the 80 participants projects. Can you email me at [email protected] to discuss please.
[email protected]

New postby Simon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm

I've sent email!
Simon
Site Admin

Return to Open discussion