Contact Form lost styling and not working either

Here you can ask or discuss anything else you want...

Contact Form lost styling and not working either

New postby vmrayner » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 am

Hello
I have PRO version installed and contact page was working after you helped a few days ago. I have been trying to add/delete various plug-ins which allow me to change the order of posts but I was having trouble finding one that didn't interfere with the Sexy Contact Form. I tried 3 and every one broke the contact form. Now I have deleted all the plugins but the contact form is still broken.
The CSS styling has gone (see attached which shows what it looked like before) and the form doesn't do anything when you click send.
http://vmrdesign.com.au/test/Gecko2/#contact-us

I PM'd you back-end admin login details on 17 October.

Can you please help?

Thanks
Viv
vmrayner

Re: Contact Form lost styling and not working either

New postby Simon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi,

Fore some reasons on your template template_redirect action does not work, that is why all the css and javascript files does not loaded. I've modified the script, so it calls the scripts render function from another place, and that will solve your issue. Now it works fine.

Best Regards,
Simon
Simon
Site Admin

New postby vmrayner » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Simon
Thanks for that. I can see the form is working now. I did have some CSS changes which appear to have been overwritten.
Sorry but can you clarify while file you edited? If you have you edited a theme template file, I am concerned that a theme update will override your changes.
Thanks
Viv
vmrayner

New postby Simon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi,

I updated sexy-contact-form/includes/display_functions.php file.

Best Regards,
Simon

P.S I see you created a very attractive contact form using Template Creator, maybe I use it in default templates 8-) . Nice to see that users use the Template Customization tool.
Simon
Site Admin

Return to Open discussion