Search function for Jumi in Joomla

A multipurpose module, plugin and component

Search function for Jumi in Joomla

New postby [email protected] » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi, I would like to know if there will be a search function that works with the joomla search function for Jumi pages . I think this is a great component but without its pages included in the joomla searches kinda leaves this module incomplete.

Is there any plans to bring this into the light as a plugin or in an updated version of jumi?

thanks.
[email protected]

Re: Search function for Jumi in Joomla

New postby Edvard » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi,

Since jumi pages are dynamic and the output is generated only on request it can be dangerous to evaluate the script inside jumi to make a search in the output. However if you include jumi code inside the article, the parts which are not dynamic can be included in the search results.

There are no plans to implement search feature for jumi applications. However the solution can be:

1. Create a new field in the application manager to define whether users can search in that application
2. Create cached version of the application output for later usage by the search script
3. Create a search plugin for joomla to include search results from the cached application pages.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - 2GLux Team

Please post a review at the Joomla Extensions Directory. It is very important for us!
Edvard
Site Admin

Re: Search function for Jumi in Joomla

New postby [email protected] » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey there, any thing like that already exists?

Sorry but I'm new at joomla... jumi is a great option because makes possible to include the php files at the same time I have no ideia how to make thoose things mentioned... any extension already available?
[email protected]

Return to Jumi