PHP code stripped from Jumi module in J!3.1

A multipurpose module, plugin and component

PHP code stripped from Jumi module in J!3.1

New postby wirecreative » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what part of Joomla 3.1 is stripping out the PHP and HTML code from a Jumi module I'm trrying to create.

The module needs to have one bit of php and an A tag, both of which are being stripped out upon saving the module.

Strangely, if I enter this same code in the Jumi component, none of it gets stripped out.

By way of troubleshooting, I've set all of the Joomla Text Filtering options to "No filtering." I've set JCE to allow PHP and Javascript (even though JCE is not loaded in a jumi module). I've turned off RSFirewall's Active Sanner (after setting an exception to skip script checking in Jumi did not work).

What am I missing? Why would the code be stripped from a Jumi module and not the Jumi component? Any one have any ideas? Thanks!
wirecreative

Re: PHP code stripped from Jumi module in J!3.1

New postby bobmeetin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm having trouble with this as well. With JUMI module if using the Source of code options it works perfectly. However if I attempt to copy some php text into the "Code written" text area, it is wiped clean upon saving the module. I'm talking really simple PHP:

<?php
echo "Hello world<br />";
?>

Soon as it see the <? it strips out all text, not a remaining character.

I'm running Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable
bobmeetin

New postby Donald Villa » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm

What a great idea for a post! Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for the link, I’ve never seen that site before. Very interesting.
kora.com
Donald Villa

New postby rhellyer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:03 am

I wondered if either of you were able to solve this problem .. I am getting round it by putting my script for the module into a separate file, but it isn't what I wanted to have to do. I've tried everywhich combination of text filters without success

?
rhellyer

New postby houfton » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:02 am

There is an old hack suggested here http://2glux.com/forum/jumi/joomla-jumi-module-problem-t107-10.html amongst other places which seems to work. It appears to have been a known problem in Jumi for 3 years at least which makes it seem odd that such a simple solution has not been implemented in the core files which would be far better than using a hack.

The other option is to reference a Jumi script or 'Application' in the 'Source of code' box in the module basic options e.g. *1 for the Hello Jumi! script.
houfton

Return to Jumi