Newbie question about sending email using Jumi

A multipurpose module, plugin and component

Newbie question about sending email using Jumi

New postby [email protected] » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm completely new to Joomla and Jumi so please forgive my ignorance but I have a question about the functionality to allow the user to enter his email address and then for my website to be able to send the email to that address.

I created a new Jumi component called SendEmail which has its "pathname" set to custom_code/SendEmail.html. SendEmail.html is an html form where the user enters his email address and clicks the Submit button to request that we send them some specific information to the email address he provided. I'm not sure what to do from here. What do I set the "action=" field in the html code to? Basically, I want to redirect the user to another html page where on page load there will be some custom code to send the actual email and then the page will just display the status of that action ( whether the email was sent successfully or not).

I know the php code to send the email using JMail. I just need to know how to link the "Submit" button to another page on which this code to read in the passed email address will execute and then will send the email to that address and will display the status of the action.

thanks so much,
[email protected]

Return to Jumi